The Masquerade - MSF High RPG Campaign

Need to talk about something other than MSF High here? Go ahead, put it here!

The Masquerade - MSF High RPG Campaign

Postby drake » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Starting at 1:30 PM GMT on Sunday 11th January 2009!

"It's just a ball, they said, it's just dancing and free food, they said, it'll be fine, they said, and now look at it all." Said a rather short female neko stood at the end of a rather large hall. At the other end are a few dead mecha with various musical instruments. The whole hall is trashed with the tables turned over and a large champagne fountain in the middle of the hall smashed down one side. But, apart from the mecha, there seemed to be no bodies. Interestingly, the large doors seeming to lead out had been fused shut, and another two pairs of doors on the sides had be barricaded. There were a few loud crashes. The neko pulled a giant fan out from behind her back and growled. "They better get here soon."

So, I'm running a campaign of MSF High, using the core rulebook. The above paragraph is just a little teaser as to what may or may not happen. Having the book is not required at all, and although some previous experience with something like D&D or Runequest or better yet, the MSF High Core game, is favourable. The game it's self will be run over IRC and an online client will be provided so everyone can join. For those unfamiliar with the system, I'll help you through making a character. For those who want to make their own, max. 2000 exp gain from disadvantages, max level 2 starting and no curses unless you talk them through with me first. It looks like I'll be running it in mid-jan and the time and day it's on can be arranged. So if you want to join, simply post here saying you want to join and either say how you want me to contact you (please not PM's, email, msn, yahoo!, google talk, aim and irc are fine). Also, please post when you are avalable (what days and what times as well as your time zone in the GMT-X or GMT+X format)

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Current Players:
Izumi - Elena (Vampire)
Willk - Trea'g (Redeemed (Dwarf))
Aatar - Mark (Entropy Elemental)
Kiana - Princess Juliet "Kitten" (Neko)

Chat Log:
Part 0-1 Elena and Trea'g arrive - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5289&p=162718#p162718
Part 0-2 Mark and Kitten arrive - viewtopic.php?f=20&p=164026#p164026
Last edited by drake on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
drake

Re: The Masquerade - MSF High RPG Campaign

Postby Forseti Baldursson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Looks like fun!

I'll join in! I'm good most days right now, but I can't say for sure later.
Forseti Baldursson
Divine Level 1, Demomage 1
Hp 12/12 Mp 12/12
Atk 0+4 Def 1+0
Mag 1+0 Soc 0+2
Atk - Precise Def- Dodge
Disadvantages: Big Softy, Cutie Lover, Bad Liar, Honor Bound, Extreme Obsession: Mímir
Advantages: Androgynous, Flight
Mímir
Sapphire Form
[1-25 Melee DMG]
[1-25 Ranged DMG]
Chainmail Collar and Cuffs [1-10 DR]
Money:$200
Restoring Light: 1/1 Uses
Current Outfit: Short, white, backless halter dress, and blue jeans.
Forseti Baldursson
Student

Postby guno » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I'd be willing to join in, depending on the time. I'm available most days. Just message me on AIM.
Last edited by guno on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Zesi Mugeshi ((originally Zesiro))
Level: 1 Divine / 2 Priest
Sex: Female
ID #: 806
Race: Divine
HP:22//22 MP:12/22 ((20/20 Mana Earring Pool))
Attack: 1+0 Attack Stance: fast
Defence: 1+1 Defense Stance: parry
Magic: 1+4 Social: 0+1
Disadvantage: Big Softy, Pacifist
Weapons: Staff 1-10
Money: $0
Armor: Angelic Robes (+2 Priest Facet - 5 Damage Reduction), Mana Earrings ((20 MP pool))
Inventory: Lesser Elixir ((20 Hp 20 Mp)), Summon level 2 Plant ((Chosen Element and Facet for 6 turns)) Lesser Mana Potions x 3 ((10 Mp restored each))
Skills: Restoring Light, Purity Shield ((Mp used = Maximum Temp Hp it gives))
Spells: Heal I, DEF Boost, Sex Change, Minor Alteration
guno
Student

Postby Aatar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:22 pm

You know me, you know my times, no Tuesdays or Saturdays before 7.
Name: Kaelan Rush.
Sex: Male.
Race: Level 2 Deviling. Teleport: 2/2 Job: Salesperson for a sweet shop. ID: 723. Room: 723. Cash: $200
Equipment: Katana: 1-15 damage ($300) Hp: 16/16 Mp: 24/24 Attack: (2+1) Defence: (0+1) Magic: (0+2) Social: (2+2) Styles: Fast/Dodge.
Disadvantages: Short-tempered. Advantages: Weapon Master (Slashy), Bishy.
Current changes: None
Notes: Has bought way too many sweets. Fried eggs, a 6-foot tall carton to be precise. (Currently residing in his dorm room.)
Aatar
Student

Postby willK » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Im in. IRC or Yahoo is easiest

Sundays is completly open most time, Saturdays Im gonna need warnings. During the week its 9,5,5,5, and 9. (GMT-5)
Name:William "Willy" Kendu
Original Race:Martial Grey Fox
Job:Salome Alchemy Shop Employee
ID:754(Rm 753)
Height: 5' 11"
Eyes: Sky Blue
Current fur:Covered in a think coat of fur, which is grey with rusty colored undertones and a white underside(a human or a demi who lived on a regular Altearth and has a bit of nature knowledge would identify him as a grey fox type). Small aqua color points of scales appear here and there over his body.

Stats:
Level 3 Martial Grey Fox, Level 3 Dragon, Level 2 Warrior, Level 1 Daimyo: HP 94/94, MP 60/60
All Non Greater Powers Unlocked
Daring Appearance: 3/3 Limited Flight Lvl 1 1min/1min Breath Weapon 1/1, Grants Commanded Players +2
Attack 2+3(+2 with Slashy Weapons, +4 with Dragon Blade), Defense 3+2(+2 with Scalemail equipped), Magic 4+0, and Social 3+1(+1 due to Honey Voiced)
Attack Fast, Defense Parry

Titles: "BGM Man"
Advantages: Quick Draw, Weapon's Master Slashy, Elemental Specialization:Wind(Racial Ad), Honey Voiced(Racial Ad), Odd Sized(Large 1), Size Shift(Med<->Large 1)(Weapon)
Disadvantages: Uncoordinated, Environmental Hazard:Hot Weather, Obsession: Willy's Sword of the Wind Dragon, Cutie Lover(Racial Dis), Elemental Weakness:Earth(Racial Dis)

Equipment: d25 Dam Lvl 2 Warrior Breastplate w/Engraving by Roe, "Willy's Sword of the Wind Dragon"(1-20 Normal, 1-10 Wind Damage,+2 Atk/+2 Def on Draw, Size Shift, Obs:Sword, Premissional Access to powers, Indestructable) 20 HP and MP restoring elixer, 3 Salome's Potions(2 10HP, 1 5MP) 2 Stitch's Potions(1 10HP, 1 10MP), Salome's carrot badge, and 2 "Get out of TG free" slips.
Money: $95

Come Visit my Dragon Abode!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
willK
Student

Postby Alyssa » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Looks interesting, but whether or not I'd be able to do it depends entirely on my schedule next semester, which is still up in the air at this point.
Name: Alyssa
Race: Demi-human / Domestic Neko
Level: Demi-human I
ID: 745
8/8 HP 8/8 MP
ATK 1, DEF 0, MAG 0 + 5, SOC 1 + 1
Offense- Fast / Defense- Dodge
Dis/advantages: Uncoordinated, Curious, Short Attention Span, Big Softy, Pounce I
Equipment: Steel-toed boots (1-5 physical damage), stun gun (1-5 wind/electrical damage), thick clothing (1-5 damage absorption), glasses (2 scientist facet levels)

Also known as...
Alyssa
Student

Postby izumi_soujirou » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:29 pm

Effectively the same boat as Alyssa, depends partly on the schedule. I'm not available on Mon. or Tues. nights (GMT -6) because of current games and starting in a face to face game on Sun. nights, which are the only nights I have off from work. But since I don't go in till afternoon and the GM is in the UK, I could play if it's before I start work. 16:30 GMT -6. Wed. through Fri. that is, work noon to midnight Sat and start at noon on Sun as well.
Name: Crandal Ledbetter
Current Race: Human
Facet: Warrior
Stats:
Human level 1
Warrior level 0
HP: 8/10 MP: 10/10
Attack: 1+2 Defense: 0+2
Magic: 0+1 Social: 1+1
Attack: Precise/Defense: Dodge
Advantages: Weapon Master Slashy, Elemental Specialization Wind, Flight
Disadvantages: Elemental Weakness Ground, Heroic, Honor Bound

Weapon: Naginata, 1-20, lightening elemental (wind)

Jessica: Sabertooth Tiger
HP: 10/10 MP: 2/2
Atk: 1+3 Def: 1+2
Mag: 0 Soc: 0+1
Damage: 5 Armor: 0
Attack: Strong/Defence: Dodge
Advantage Odd-sized: Large, Ridable
izumi_soujirou
Student

Postby Kiana Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 am

I could probably join... Though I have no idea how IRC works...

And you better not expect a great Bio, because all my creative energy is going towards my character for Ilushia's game... >.> Just bein' honest...

Anyway, the EXP limit the only guideline? (Other than the curses, of course.)
Kiana Wolf - Wolf Tengu (Poltergeist/Demi hybrid) - Gender: F - Student ID# 779
Poltergeist Lv2 - Demi-human Lv1 - Mage Lv2/2 - Elem. Duelist Lv2/2 - HP 23/40 - MP 41/52
Att: 0+1+1+2 (4), Def: 1+0+2+2 (5), Mag: 1+0+3+2 (6), Soc: 2+1+0+0 (3) - Style: Fast/Dodge
Visual Summary: White haired domestic wolf girl in a black, sleeveless long coat, black shorts and a black beret.
Magical Form: Balance
Advantages: Wind Specialization, Weapon Master: Slashy, Flight, Extra Run Speed, Quick Witted, Quick Draw, Double Jointed, Button Pusher
Disadvantages: Earth Weakness, Honor-Bound, Curious
Abilities: Ghost Hand 2/2, Pounce 1/1, Mage 20MP, Mage 1/2, ED 14MP
Equipment: Sylphaen (d20 melee slashy +d10 wind +d5 wind (ED)), Jian (d10 melee Slashy; Broken), Caladbolg XP (d10 ranged pokey; Broken), Duelist Clothes (20DR, Mage 3, ED 1), Dog Emblem, Amethyst Gem (+6 to stats), $155
Fuu - Martial Demi-Ferret - Gender: F
Demi-human Lv4 - Duelist Lv2 - HP 44/52 - MP 32/32
Att: 2+2 (4), Def: 2+3 (5), Mag: 2+1 (3), Soc: 3+0 (3), Style: Precise/Parry
Visual Summary: Short, gray furred ferret-girl. Long, black Chinese dress with white details. Short black jacket with loose sleeves and white cuffs. Long black pants with white cuffs. Long gray hair, currently braided.
Adv: Odd-sized (Small1)
Dis-Adv: Cursed, Curious, Phobia: Dragons, Mute, One Appendage
Abilities: Pounce 1/4, +2 to attack with Slashy, Parry Bonus 6/6
Equipment: Sword Master Dress (5DR, Duelist 2), Chain Sword (d20 melee/d15 ranged Slashy), Claws of the Raptor (d5 melee slashy x2), $5
Kiana Wolf
Student

Location: Your puny flames do not scare me! I deal with worse flames on a daily basis!

Postby drake » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:54 am

Well, EXP, curses and rivals. And the IRC is easy, there are a good few online clients you can use if you don't want to download anything. And no need for more of a bio than a few last moments and as long as you know what your characters like. And I'll need a copy of the character sheet too.
drake

Postby Kiana Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:04 am

Could you PM me your AIM then, so I don't clog up your thread with random questions?
Poltergeist Lv2 - Demi-human Lv1 - Mage Lv2/2 - Elem. Duelist Lv2/2 - HP 23/40 - MP 41/52
Att: 0+1+1+2 (4), Def: 1+0+2+2 (5), Mag: 1+0+3+2 (6), Soc: 2+1+0+0 (3) - Style: Fast/Dodge
Visual Summary: White haired domestic wolf girl in a black, sleeveless long coat, black shorts and a black beret.
Advantages: Wind Specialization, Weapon Master: Slashy, Flight, Extra Run Speed, Quick Witted, Quick Draw, Double Jointed, Button Pusher
Equipment: Sylphaen (d20 melee slashy +d10 wind +d5 wind (ED)), Jian (d10 melee Slashy; Broken), Caladbolg XP (d10 ranged pokey; Broken), Duelist Clothes (20DR, Mage 3, ED 1), Dog Emblem, Amethyst Gem (+6 to stats), $155
Visual Summary: Short, gray furred ferret-girl. Long, black Chinese dress with white details. Short black jacket with loose sleeves and white cuffs. Long black pants with white cuffs. Long gray hair, currently braided.
Equipment: Sword Master Dress (5DR, Duelist 2), Chain Sword (d20 melee/d15 ranged Slashy), Claws of the Raptor (d5 melee slashy x2), $5
Kiana Wolf
Student

Location: Your puny flames do not scare me! I deal with worse flames on a daily basis!

Postby drake » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:27 pm

The date and time for the Masquerade are now set. It will start at 1:30 PM GMT on Sunday 11th January 2009. The start time in various other time zones are listed below.
GMT-5 (Michigan, Ohio) - 8:30 AM
GMT-6 (Texas, Oklahoma) - 7:30AM
And I have no idea about US states, I'm useless in that respect. So sorry about the really bad examples.
drake

Postby Kiana Wolf » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Nyaaaaa... But I'm gonna be so sleepy during it. T-T
Kiana Wolf
Student

Postby willK » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:43 pm

to help clarify for drake and everyone

Eastern(Gmt-5)
Central(Gmt-6)
Mountain(Gmt-7)
Pacific(GMT-8)

Although his is in Standard time at the moment.
Name:William "Willy" Kendu
Original Race:Martial Grey Fox
Job:Salome Alchemy Shop Employee
ID:754(Rm 753)
Height: 5' 11"
Eyes: Sky Blue
Current fur:Covered in a think coat of fur, which is grey with rusty colored undertones and a white underside(a human or a demi who lived on a regular Altearth and has a bit of nature knowledge would identify him as a grey fox type). Small aqua color points of scales appear here and there over his body.

Stats:
Level 3 Martial Grey Fox, Level 3 Dragon, Level 2 Warrior, Level 1 Daimyo: HP 94/94, MP 60/60
All Non Greater Powers Unlocked
Daring Appearance: 3/3 Limited Flight Lvl 1 1min/1min Breath Weapon 1/1, Grants Commanded Players +2
Attack 2+3(+2 with Slashy Weapons, +4 with Dragon Blade), Defense 3+2(+2 with Scalemail equipped), Magic 4+0, and Social 3+1(+1 due to Honey Voiced)
Attack Fast, Defense Parry

Titles: "BGM Man"
Advantages: Quick Draw, Weapon's Master Slashy, Elemental Specialization:Wind(Racial Ad), Honey Voiced(Racial Ad), Odd Sized(Large 1), Size Shift(Med<->Large 1)(Weapon)
Disadvantages: Uncoordinated, Environmental Hazard:Hot Weather, Obsession: Willy's Sword of the Wind Dragon, Cutie Lover(Racial Dis), Elemental Weakness:Earth(Racial Dis)

Equipment: d25 Dam Lvl 2 Warrior Breastplate w/Engraving by Roe, "Willy's Sword of the Wind Dragon"(1-20 Normal, 1-10 Wind Damage,+2 Atk/+2 Def on Draw, Size Shift, Obs:Sword, Premissional Access to powers, Indestructable) 20 HP and MP restoring elixer, 3 Salome's Potions(2 10HP, 1 5MP) 2 Stitch's Potions(1 10HP, 1 10MP), Salome's carrot badge, and 2 "Get out of TG free" slips.
Money: $95

Come Visit my Dragon Abode!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
willK
Student

Postby guno » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Yeah, thats way to early for me. sorry!
Name: Zesi Mugeshi ((originally Zesiro))
Level: 1 Divine / 2 Priest
Sex: Female
ID #: 806
Race: Divine
HP:22//22 MP:12/22 ((20/20 Mana Earring Pool))
Attack: 1+0 Attack Stance: fast
Defence: 1+1 Defense Stance: parry
Magic: 1+4 Social: 0+1
Disadvantage: Big Softy, Pacifist
Weapons: Staff 1-10
Money: $0
Armor: Angelic Robes (+2 Priest Facet - 5 Damage Reduction), Mana Earrings ((20 MP pool))
Inventory: Lesser Elixir ((20 Hp 20 Mp)), Summon level 2 Plant ((Chosen Element and Facet for 6 turns)) Lesser Mana Potions x 3 ((10 Mp restored each))
Skills: Restoring Light, Purity Shield ((Mp used = Maximum Temp Hp it gives))
Spells: Heal I, DEF Boost, Sex Change, Minor Alteration
guno
Student

Postby Aatar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:21 pm

If he gets complaints I'm sure he can push it later. I don't know why he chose lunchtime anyway.
Name: Kaelan Rush.
Sex: Male.
Race: Level 2 Deviling. Teleport: 2/2 Job: Salesperson for a sweet shop. ID: 723. Room: 723. Cash: $200
Equipment: Katana: 1-15 damage ($300) Hp: 16/16 Mp: 24/24 Attack: (2+1) Defence: (0+1) Magic: (0+2) Social: (2+2) Styles: Fast/Dodge.
Disadvantages: Short-tempered. Advantages: Weapon Master (Slashy), Bishy.
Current changes: None
Notes: Has bought way too many sweets. Fried eggs, a 6-foot tall carton to be precise. (Currently residing in his dorm room.)
Aatar
Student

Next

Return to Off-topic